By Philip Kotler Gary Armstrong
For principles of marketing courses that require a comprehensive text.
Learn how to create value through customer connections and engagement
In a fast-changing increasingly digital and social marketplace it’s more vital than ever for marketers to develop meaningful connections with their customers. Principles of Marketing helps students master today’s key marketing challenge: to create vibrant interactive communities of consumers who make products and brands an integral part of their daily lives. To help students understand how to create value and build customer relationships Kotler and Armstrong present fundamental marketing information within an innovative customer-value framework. Thoroughly revised to reflect the major trends impacting contemporary marketing the 18th Edition is packed with stories illustrating how companies use new digital technologies to maximize customer engagement and shape brand conversations experiences and communities.
PART 1: DEFINING MARKETING AND THE MARKETING PROCESS?
1. Marketing: Creating Customer Value and Engagement?
2. Company and Marketing Strategy: Partnering to Build Customer Engagement Value and Relationships?
PART 2: UNDERSTANDING THE MARKETPLACE AND CONSUMER VALUE?
3. Analyzing the Marketing Environment?
4. Managing Marketing Information to Gain Customer Insights?
5. Consumer Markets and Buyer Behavior?
6. Business Markets and Business Buyer Behavior?
PART 3: DESIGNING A CUSTOMER VALUE-DRIVEN STRATEGY AND MIX?
7. Customer Value-Driven Marketing Strategy: Creating Value for Target Customers?
8. Products Services and Brands: Building Customer Value?
9. Developing New Products and Managing the Product Life Cycle ?
10. Pricing: Understanding and Capturing Customer Value?
11. Pricing Strategies: Additional Considerations?
12. Marketing Channels: Delivering Customer Value?
13. Retailing and Wholesaling?
14. Engaging Consumers and Communicating Customer Value: Integrated Marketing Communication Strategy?
15. Advertising and Public Relations?
16. Personal Selling and Sales Promotion?
17. Direct Online Social Media and Mobile Marketing?
PART 4: EXTENDING MARKETING?
18. Creating Competitive Advantage?
19. The Global Marketplace?
20. Sustainable Marketing: Social Responsibility and Ethics?
Appendix 1: Marketing Plan?
Appendix 2: Marketing by the Numbers?
Appendix 3: Careers in Marketing